Wednesday, February 1, 2012

100 Challenge: 2 Love


Love is one of those things that is imperfect and tends to change its meaning as you get older. I wanted to represent that in my drawing, its messy and childlike at times but it can also be deep and 3 dimensional.
When I was younger I thought love was like a Disney film, but found out too soon that you may give you heart to someone but they will most likely have already given theirs away. As I grew older I realized that love wasn't something given easily and that true unconditional love is looking at someone when you're at your worst and all you see looking back is admiration and understanding.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable."~Bruce Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment